Saturday, January 12, 2013

Last Day at Collège & Paris Round 2!

The past two days have been quite busy to say the least! I kicked off Friday in an upper level history class where my peers and I explained to the class how our families came to America. This activity was particularly interesting because the majority of the class was shocked that not all of our ancestors landed on Ellis Island when they came to the United States. As one of two non-math  students, I opted to observe a geography and a history lesson instead of two hours of science lectures, but it was all Greek to me since the entirety of all the lessons that I could have attended were completely in French.

This morning I woke to find Alexis and Antoine, the twin brothers, playing a computer game in the living room while the rest of the family was fast asleep. They were quite shocked that I was already awake, but I explained that I was heading into Paris with my peers. Upon arriving in Paris, we caught a ride on the metro near the Louve and made our way to Montmartre, which is a hillside portion that is home to one of few cemeteries in the metro-Paris area and Basilica of Sacre-Coeur (the big white church). Lastly, we made our way to the world renowned Eiffel Tower and climbed all 710 steps to the second floor...I don't feel that any explanation is necessary for this one! However, we did time our arrival quite nicely since we missed the mid-day crowds, and had a chance to see the tower in full day light, as the sun sets, and lastly when it lights up at night and twinkles every hour for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment