Saturday, December 29, 2012

T-Minus 156 Hours (6.5 days)!!!!

In just a few days, I will meet up with Emily, Lily, Rebecca, and Professor Cox at Detroit Metro Airport where we will board a plane in the early evening and will begin our journey to Noisy-le-Roi, France. I feel that it would be an understatement to say that I am excited, because I have been thinking about this adventure non-stop since before finals week. I’ve been dealing with an avalanche of questions since our January 4th from Detroit Metro Airport is now on the immediate horizon. I’ve been juggling a handful of seemingly simple, yet important, thoughts over the past couple days such as: what will my host family be like; will my non-existent understanding of the French language set me back; will the students understand the purpose of the lessons that I teach; and what will I forget to pack! As of right now, all of these worries are beyond my control except for the last one, but I’m not too worried about leaving anything behind…as long as it’s not my gift for my host family!

No comments:

Post a Comment